logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Log4j-1.3 autoconfiguration default?
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:10:45 GMT
At 08:16 AM 11/30/2004, Jacob Kjome wrote:

>BTW, I figured out why I was getting all those null pointers.  My
>initialization code calls LogManager.setRepositorySelector() to guarantee
>that the ContextJNDISelector is used if it hasn't already been
>installed.  The problem is, the defaultRepository field of this new
>selector is null.  The old configured repository field contained in the
>DefaultRepositorySelector needs to be transfered to the new repository.  I
>now do this inside setRepositorySelector().  I will commit this when I can
>tomorrow.  I have too much debugging code in there right now and I'm
>already up way too late as it is.

I am not sure I fully understand what you have in mind but I believe that
current code in LogManager and ContextJNDISelector are correct, at least
with respect to the setRepositorySelector() method. Note that the default
repository returned by a given repository selector may be different than
the default repository LogManager starts off with. Thus, I do not see a
valid reason to change the LogManager.setRepositorySelector method, if that
was what you had in mind.

--
Ceki Gülcü

  The complete log4j manual:  http://qos.ch/eclm