logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: cvs commit: logging-log4j/src/java/org/apache/log4j/varia ListAppender.java
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:19:09 GMT
At 03:41 PM 11/16/2004, Ceki Gülcü wrote:
>At 10:32 PM 11/15/2004, Paul Smith wrote:
>>Thanks for picking this up.  Do you think we could enforce this by setting
>>this variable in the super.close() ? it's very easy to miss.
>
>Good idea.

Actually, if there were a AppenderSkeleton.close method, then the author of
an appender could forget to write a close method. Currently, every appender
most have a close() method since AppenderSkeleton does not implement one.
Thus, the best approach I can think is to leave things as they are.

--
Ceki Gülcü

  The complete log4j manual:  http://qos.ch/eclm
  Professional log4j support: http://qos.ch/log4jSupport