logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: [POLL] Source code formatting conventions
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 12:52:45 GMT

Hi,
You're right that development has stopped on the open-source version of Jalopy, and that's
a negative.  However, Jalopy still works well and IIRC still supports a superset of the Eclipse
formatting features.

We don't want to require log4j developers to use a specific IDE, even if it's a free one like
Eclipse.

OTOH, I think we can live with commits not being well-formatted and only doing the formatting
prior to tagging a release, right?  If so, i.e. we only require one formatting run prior to
tagging a release, then I'm fine with changing to the Eclipse formatter.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics