logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: log4j on JDK 1.5 (on Gump)
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 12:46:46 GMT

Hola,
I think we could just add source="1.4" to the javac calls in build.xml
and be done with it (i.e. no code changes needed).

As far as being Release Manager: you'd have to tag in CVS, build the
releases, sign them (and make sure your PGP key is in the KEYS file in
the distro), upload the dist to the repository on
/www/www.apache.org/dist (and /www/archive.apache.org/dist), make the
community aware (email log4j-dev, log4j-user, pmc@logging,
general@apache), and that's mostly it.

But I'm not convinced we should do a release.  1.2.8 is nice and stable,
and if it's between getting a 1.3.0 alpha out and doing 1.2.9, I'd
prefer a 1.3.0.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics