logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: [POLL] Source code formatting conventions
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:54:47 GMT

Hi,
It's always interesting to see how two people can approach the same feature with such different
goals ;)  I agree with the coding convention and the FAQ's guidelines on contributing code,
no issues there.

I see code formatting as more than the indentation issue, though.  I think there's value in
sorting sections of a source code file, enforcing modifier order, and general consistency
around whitespace and style.  If all we care about is indentation we don't need a formatter,
just a one-line perl script to replace a tab with two spaces.

Anyways, I don't care that much ;)  I agree with the coding convention, I don't mind removing
the Jalopy dependency, and since I don't use Eclipse I'll just run that perl script ensure
the indentation standard is adhered to before committing any code.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics