logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: new HTMLLayout in CVS
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 06:41:03 GMT
The generated markup is invalid.  Make sure to test at:
http://validator.w3.org/

The problems are:

1.
<LINK REL=StyleSheet
HREF="http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/css/default0.css" TITLE="Basic" />

should be...

<LINK REL=StyleSheet
HREF="http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/css/default0.css" TITLE="Basic">

2.  There is no </table>

Besides this, why are we using Transitional HTML4.01?  Why not Strict?  Why
not XHTML1.0, for that matter?  Well, anyway, it should at least be valid.

I'm attaching a fixed HTML file with a couple minor changes for better
table structure along with slightly simplified CSS for your perusal.

Jake