logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Smith" <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject RE: [POLL] Source code formatting conventions
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 22:03:52 GMT
I would not want to impose 1 vs the other.
Could we articulate the important formatting elements (brace style, spaces
vs tabs etc etc) in a document, and leave it to each developer to choose?
We could then have a reference Jalopy xml file for anyone to use, but allow
developers to choose how the do it.
It's just important that we agree on the formatting rules, and not how it
actually get's formatted.
Now since Eclipse can export it's formatting rules into XML, perhaps someone
can setup Eclipse with that format rules, export them, and add it to the
project so we can import them.  Then we can have Eclipes or Jalopy.
Now if only Eclipse format rules could be per-project, rather than
workspace-wide....
Cheers,
Paul Smith