logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Smith" <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject RE: log4j on JDK 1.5 (on Gump)
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 21:41:45 GMT
> >Which brings the question of, do we need to do this enum keyword
> >replacement (not a big deal) in the log4j 1.2 branch and possibly have a
> >log4j 1.2.9 release that's compatible with JDK 1.5 / 5.0?
>
> No, I don't think it's worth the effort.
While I agree that it is a bit of a pain, I think it's something that people
are going to want.  I have a feeling there will be a high number of people
using 1.5.
What is involved in a 'release'?  I would be happy to put in the effort, if
someone could give me an 'administrative TODO list'(other than the branch/
and fixing the code).
Cheers,
Paul Smith