logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Elias Ross <er...@m-qube.com>
Subject RE: Fix for deadlocks -- an easy fix for AppenderSkeleton
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:49:25 GMT
On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 14:42, Paul Smith wrote:
> This would be worth attaching to a Bugzilla ticket so it can be
> analysed properly without getting lost.  If you could write a TestCase
> that shows how the current implementation deadlocks, and how this one
> does not, it will help tremendously.
>
> Thank you for your efforts.

There is already a test case for it in CVS.

I'll attach my new changes and reopen the bug.

I'm also thinking of writing a "ConcurrentAppender" which would allow
multiple events to be processed at a time.  This would be good for
things such as logging to JDBC, JMS, e-mail, etc., where multiple events
could happen simultaneously.  Is there any interest in this?