logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Bauer, Paul-Michael" <PBa...@LNC.com>
Subject RE: Chainsaw's internal logging
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:53:29 GMT
Please turn off your "return receipt" request.
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: asgeir.nilsen@telenor.com [mailto:asgeir.nilsen@telenor.com]
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 8:48 AM
To: log4j-dev@logging.apache.org
Subject: Chainsaw's internal logging

Hello all,

Chainsaw logs all its internal log4j events to stdout, which appears in
the Java Web Start Console (or a log file configured from Web Start).

I have been trying to create an XML file for Chainsaw's Automatic
Configuration which redirects these events into Chainsaw itself.

However, none of my attempts have been successful.  Using a
FileAppender, I managed to log all the events Chainsaw received
*externally* to a file, but none of the internal events.

How should one do this?

Asgeir

DISCLAIMER:
**This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Lincoln National Corporation proprietary
information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to the Lincoln
National Corporation family of companies. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this
E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken
in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout. Thank You.**