logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@apache.org>
Subject RE: JMSReceiver - chainsaw
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 22:13:47 GMT
you couldn't do me a huge favour and do this as a 'diff -u' could you?
(Unified diff), that way I can easily do this on my windows box inside the
ide.

I won't be able to redo the webstart till tonight (another 12 hours from
now) because I forgot to email myself certificate from home so I can do
this sort of thing from work.

I think your approach of being able to specify a path to the
jndi.properties file is the best one I can think of too, that doesn't
involve any Classloader+SecurityManager trickery (Classloaders get very
complicated in a Web start environment).

Anyway, a Unified diff would help me a lot.

cheers

,Paul

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Stephen Pain wrote:

> Here's the patch... still thinking about the Xbox!
>
> If you could get this in and then include JMSReceiver in the webstart jar it would be
a big help (release notes now say that JMSReceiver is included, but I'm still getting class
not found).

> Cheers,
> Stephen
>
> $ diff JMSReceiver.java.old JMSReceiver.java
> 9a10,13
>> import java.io.FileInputStream;
>> import java.util.Hashtable;
>> import java.util.Properties;
>>
> 55a60
>>   protected String jndiPath;
> 57a63
>>   private String providerUrl;
> 62c68
> <     String _userId, String _password) {
> ---
>>     String _userId, String _password, String _jndiPath) {
> 67a74
>>       jndiPath = _jndiPath;
> 127a135,151
>>       * Sets the path to a properties file containing
>>       * the initial context and jndi provider url
>>       */
>>   public void setJndiPath(String _jndiPath) {
>>        jndiPath = _jndiPath;
>>    }
>>
>>    /**
>>       * Gets the path to a properties file containing
>>       * the initial context and jndi provider url
>>       */
>>    public String getJndiPath() {
>>        return jndiPath;
>>    }
>>

>>   /**
> 168,169c192,204
> <
> <         Context ctx = new InitialContext();
> ---
>>
>>               Context ctx = null;
>>               if (jndiPath == null || jndiPath.equals("")) {
>>                       ctx = new InitialContext();
>>               } else {
>>                       Properties p = new Properties();
>>                       p.load(new FileInputStream(jndiPath));
>>                       ctx = new InitialContext(p);
>>               }
>>
>>               // give some more flexibility about the choice of a tab name
>>               providerUrl = (String)ctx.getEnvironment().get(Context.PROVIDER_URL);
>>
> 193a229
>>
> 235a272
>>               event.setProperty("log4j.jmsProviderUrl", providerUrl);
>

>                      Paul Smith
>                      <psmith@minotaur.        To:       Stephen Pain/DMGGM/DMG UK/DeuBa@DMG
UK
>                      apache.org>              cc:
>                                               Subject:  RE: JMSReceiver - chainsaw
>                      07/06/2004 02:29
>

>> If Rallisport Challenge 2 is really that good, maybe I should join the log4j-dev
list and submit a patch myself.   Or go & buy an Xbox :)

> You should buy an XBox.... AND submit a patch... :)
>
> Still getting my head around this new job, so this week might be a real
> right-off.
>
> I'll let you know my progress, whenever that happens.
>
> Paul
>

> --
>
> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately
and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.