logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mark R Durman/CA/US/MQSolutions <mdur...@mqsolutions.com>
Subject RE: WebSphere MQ Appender
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 22:50:10 GMT
Thanks for the pointers. Contribution is OK and yes, WebSphere MQ does
support the JMS API, but a lot of companies use the base MQ classes and
don't want to mess with JMS. So, those who use JMS-MQ can use the
JMSAppender, and those who use MQ can use the WMQAppender.

Mark Durman
MQ Solutions LLC

Paul Smith <Paul.Smith@lawlex.com.au>
05/12/2004 03:40 PM
Please respond to
"Log4J Developers List" <log4j-dev@logging.apache.org>

'Log4J Developers List' <log4j-dev@logging.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: WebSphere MQ Appender

Attach it to a new Bugzilla entry, but first I'd suggest reading this if
you haven't yet:

http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html

(Mostly the patch area).

If you can supply a Unified diff patch file against current CVS head that
contains your new stuff, it always makes things easier.  You also have to
consider all the licensing stuff about wether you are 'allowed' to
contribute something that you may have written as part of your day job
(some companies get a bit picky), might be worth reading the CLA docs
here: http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

Hope that helps!

BTW, pardon my JMS ignorance, but doesn't Websphere MQ support the JMS
spec?  Is it impossible for the JMSAppender to talk to it?

cheers,

Paul Smith