logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From James Stauffer <jstau...@spscommerce.com>
Subject RE: oracle.sql
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 00:08:25 GMT
I would get a parse error when I tried to run it without the variable.  It
might have been the tool I was using (Benthic Golden32), but I couldn't get
it to work without the variable.  If it works for you without the variable
then I can do more research into why it isn't working for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Dorrat [mailto:simon.dorrat@gsjbw.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 7:02 PM
To: 'Log4J Developers List'
Subject: RE: oracle.sql

What was the error?  You should not need a variable - the following code
should work fine.

	SELECT  logging_event_id_seq.NEXTVAL
	    INTO :new.event_id
	   FROM dual

Doesn't make that much difference, but simpler is better!

Simon

Goldman Sachs JBWere
Disclosure of Interest
ORG:  Goldman Sachs JBWere and/or its affiliates expect to receive or intend
to seek compensation for financial and advisory services in the next 3
months from the company, its parent, or its wholly owned or majority owned
subsidiary.

GOLDMAN SACHS JBWERE PTY LTD DISCLAIMER

Goldman Sachs JBWere Pty Ltd and its related entities distributing this
document and each of their respective directors, officers and agents ("the
Goldman Sachs JBWere Group") believe that the information contained in this
document is correct and that any estimates, opinions, conclusions or
recommendations contained in this document are reasonably held or made as at
the time of compilation.  However, no warranty is made as to the accuracy or
reliability of any estimates, opinions, conclusions, recommendations (which
may change without notice) or other information contained in this document
and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Goldman Sachs JBWere Group
disclaims all liability and responsibility for any direct or indirect loss
or damage which may be suffered by any recipient through relying on anything
contained or omitted from this document.

Goldman Sachs JBWere does not represent or warrant the attached files are
free from computer viruses or other defects.  The attached files are
provided, and may only be used, on the basis that the user assumes all
responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or
indirectly from use.