logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Using latest Log4J and Jakarta Commons Logging
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 12:54:53 GMT

Hi,
By the way, we have a scathing discussion going on the commons-dev mailing list regarding
possible refactoring of commons-logging to an IoC-type implementation.  Those interested might
want to follow on commons-dev or one of the public list archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=108425990500003&r=1&w=2.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

-----Original Message-----
From: Sikha, Naresh [mailto:Naresh.Sikha@schwab.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 8:29 PM
To: 'Log4J Developers List'
Subject: RE: Using latest Log4J and Jakarta Commons Logging

Thanks.

FYI, I was able to make Struts 1.1 and latest Chainsaw play fair by adding the following method
to org.apache.log4j.Category:

public void log(
  String callerFQCN, Priority level, Object message, Throwable t) {
  if (repository.isDisabled(level.level)) {
    return;
  }

  if (level.isGreaterOrEqual(this.getEffectiveLevel())) {
    forcedLog(callerFQCN, Level.toLevel(level.level), message, t);
  }
}

Naresh Sikha