logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Danko Mannhaupt" <dankol...@mannhaupt.com>
Subject JDBCAppender contribution (was: JDBCReceiver - move from sandbox to core?)
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2004 11:20:21 GMT
Hi,

I have been asked by Scott Deboy to contribute my JDBCAppender to the Log4J
project. It was initially developed by Thomas Fenner and is now maintained
by me. It is currently listed as a Third-party extension on the Log4J
download page.

My "project" home page is http://www.mannhaupt.com/danko/projects/index.html
, the forum can be found at http://www.mannhaupt.com/forum/index.html

As I have read in the message below, the PreparedStatementAppender is
another candidate. Please note that my appender does not support JDBC
PreparedStatements, but does support multiple layouts to compensate. I would
like to know if there is any chance that you might want to include this
JDBCAppender in the project.

If so, I would start to update my code to adhere to conventions and license,
write more test cases, etc. I am able to contribute a couple of hours a
week.

Please reply if you are are interested, including how to contribute my code
once it is ready. If you are not interested, I would continue to maintain my
code outside of the official distribution on my own site.

Kind regards,
Danko

--
contact: http://www.mannhaupt.com/danko/contact/