logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: Message content in the event detail...
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:53:37 GMT
Hi Alan,

Thanks....Chainsaw v2 is a work in progress, but it's coming together.

This would be a handy feature, but the entire message may not be a
well-formed xml fragment (to add context, the message may contain some
prefixed message along with the fragment, like 'received message:  (xml
fragment here)', so whatever formatted the xml would need to take this
into consideration.

It would be nice if this worked with the patternlayout mechanism we use
now for building the detail panel, maybe it could be a new
patternconverter that used XMLSerializer.

'xmlmessage' keyword, XMLMessagePatternConverter class?

Opinions, anyone?

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Brown [mailto:abrown@opstechnology.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 9:07 AM
To: log4j-dev@logging.apache.org
Subject: Message content in the event detail...

I'd like to be able have the message in the event details section show
xml in all its glory.  Currently it's not showing the tags and all
newLines and leading spaces on a new line are trimmed.  I'm sending
prettyPrinted xml to the log files for easy reading and I'd love to be
able to view them in Chainsaw.

BTW - Seems like it's a nice system in the making...

alan