logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <paul.sm...@lawlex.com.au>
Subject Re: reload behavior modification / feature request
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:39:41 GMT

> Depends on your intended purposes.  JMX is a "management" api (and with JMX
> remoting now a standardized protocol too).  To me that means when you make a
> change, the change is persistent until changed again.

I would like to see via JMX the ability to modify the runtime config of
log4j but not persist to permanent store.  BUT, I would also like a JMX
operation that CAN persist the state of the configuration. (Basically a
Save action).  I think the 2 operations (modify and save) need to be
distinct.

I would also hope that any "Save Config" logic is not JMX specific, as I
would really like to reuse it within Chainsaw v2.... :)

Greetings to all, currently working 14 hour days, so I'm in lurker mode
atm.

cheers,

Paul Smith