logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Wilmoth" <JWilm...@starbucks.com>
Subject Status of LogFile Appender changes
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 05:00:08 GMT
I took a look at the Log4j plan
(http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/plan.html) and noticed that
"Strategy based rollovers" has not started.  Is this status up-to-date?
I had proposed some changes to DailyRollingFileAppender to allow for
purging of old files similar to org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender's
maxBackupIndex property/behavior.  I was told at the time (~9 months
ago) the changes wouldn't be accepted as the goal was to do a major
refactoring of FileAppender, RollingFileAppender and
DailyRollingFileAppender.  Is this still on the to-do list?  Is it
slated for a future release?