logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Rationale for TRACE-level/priority.
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:39:42 GMT
Endre,

A number of user expressed their desire to see the TRACE level
added. However, please note that log4j domains (to be introduced
in log4j 1.3) should provide a much better alternative to adding a
TRACE level or any other level for that matter.

At 06:07 PM 10/29/2003 +0100, Endre Stølsvik wrote:

>That is not good enough. I don't want to make some stupid wrapper or
>whatnot - I can change the entire logging system instead then. I want to
>use a PROPER logging-tool, and I'm fed up with log4j not having Trace -
>the most needed logging level of them all except for debug.
>
>Commons logging ..

What about commons logging?

>| Btw: This has been brought up many times on the log4j-user list (where
>| comments and questions like this should be posted), so a quick search of the
>| list archives would've pointed it out...
>
>I know. I just wanted to chime in..
>
>And WITH all that noise, WHY NOT add it? It seems REALL REALLY silly to
>me.

Because we have a better alternative.

>Endre - a long-time user of log4j.

and a log4j contributor.