logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <paul.sm...@lawlex.com.au>
Subject Re: Help! - Eclipse! - Uncle!
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2003 21:40:07 GMT

> One more question...the package explorer is showing me all of the packages
> in the project, but most of them have compile errors associated with the
> Eclipse attempt to build the project (which I still don't want to use).  Is
> there any way to get it to not display all the error garbage?

Three ways around this:

* Modify your project definition to include all the libraries
required..  Then eclipse will compile it all, with no errors... :)

* Don't include the java source tree as a source path, then it won't
bother compiling it.  You will then need to use the Find Resource method
to find java files, because then the Open Type dialog won't have any
Java source files to search from

* [I use this] Ignore the errors in Eclipse.  You can still find the
classes using Open Type, but you still get the errors.  You can modify
the filter for the Problems view to only show problems from a particular
Working Set, so you could define a working set which contains all your
interested packages so you're effectively ignoring the ones you are not
worried about. Then use ANt to compile it all, and ensure your Project
definition uses the same "Output path" that Ant uses.  That way Ant
compiles the code, and Eclipse can use the generated class files to
recognize those classes.

BTW, if you're not running Eclipse 3.0 M4, I highly recommend going to
it.  We've been developing our company's product with the 3.0 M3
release, and that was stable enough for our purposes, and M4 released
last week as some more neat features.  The Call Hierarchy view is worth
it's weight in gold in the 3.0 version.

cheers,

Paul Smith