logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ken....@bmwna.com
Subject ThrowableClassMatchFilter doesn't work with config files
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:42:55 GMT
Hi there -

I've been trying out the filters in jakarta-log4j-sandbox, and I've been
having trouble with the ThrowableClassMatchFilter.

The "throwableClass" parameter is of type "java.lang.Class", so
initialization via a property file always fails because the PropertySetter
class does javabean-style initialization.  I don't think properties are
allowed to be of type Class.

I've attached a modified version of the ThrowableClassMatchFilter that uses
a string property for throwableClass.

I've also written a ThrowablePackageMatchFilter to filter on the package
name of the Throwable, if anyone is interested.

Ken
 <<ThrowableClassMatchFilter.java>>