logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Donations link
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:09:53 GMT

Ceki Gülcü wrote, On 23/07/2003 17.20:

> At 04:57 PM 7/23/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>
>> For apache members, this is the list that discusses these things:
>> fundraising@apache.org
>>
>> I'd suggest to see there what can be done.
>
> Nicola,
>
> Are you suggesting this proposal would be inappropriate or would meet
> opposition?

I guess that since log4j is an Apache project, the donations gotten
through Apache pages should go totally to Apache.

Getting then $ support by Apache is another topic that can be discussed.
I mean, if Apache gets more than enough $ to finance infrastructure and
publicity, would it make sense to fund the project developers? Is it
legally possible? (non-profit and stuff)

Would be interesting to investigate, but I don't think it may happen
that soon in any case.

> Anyway, before reaching consensus here at log4j-dev, there is not point
> in asking for approval from the board or the fundraising committee...

Anyway, I totally support fundraising initiatives, as it's IMO important
that Apache gets funding, but it's also important that the way it
happens gets concerted and is approved by Apache, so that's why I posted
the fundraising ML link.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -