logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <Paul.Sm...@lawlex.com.au>
Subject RE: I'm back...
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:53:32 GMT
Welcome back, hope it was a very refreshing break.

I can't speak for the XML side of things, but from the
SocketAppender/SocketNode side of things:

* Exposed a private static final default port variable as public

* Modified the SocketNodeEventListener framework - allow listeners to know
when the socket node is closed, and allow more than a single listener

* Allow a SocketNode not to post events if it is 'paused' (this I am sure is
one we'll tweak, the whoe active/paused concept is a little weak right now)

* SocketReceiver - the ability to modify it via an external source, so
modified shutdown operations, and ability to expose the current list of
'child' Sockets that are currently connected via this Receiver (These too
should be 'closeable').

I'm still stuck in the middle of some heavy project work here, so my
chainsaw coding has been zip over the last few weeks, but I'm lurking for
discussions.

cheers,

Paul