logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: Log4j presentation at ApacheCon 2003
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:27:11 GMT

I hadn't paid attention to the order. Here is the same but reordered.

- significant improvements in speed and memory management
- spectacular improvements to Chainsaw
- a new logging dimension in the form of logging domains
- highly extensible XML configuration files
- plugins, receivers, and watchdogs...
- support for custom conversion words in PatternLayout
- interoperability with log4j-like logging frameworks in other languages
- strategy based rollovers