logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shub...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: Announcement: Just4log, a performance-oriented postprocessor for Log4j
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:31:39 GMT

Wow this sound great... I hope it does at least get referenced from the
Log4J website... I am definitely interested in testing this with my code.

Regards,
   Serge Huber.

At 10:50 PM 7/17/2003 +0200, you wrote:

>         Hello,
>
>         I wanted to advertise Just4log (http://just4log.sf.net/), a
> apache-licensed project that's highly related to Log4j:
>
>    In the Log4j manual, Ceki Gülcü speaks about the "The method
> invocation involves the "hidden" cost of parameter construction."
>( refer to http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html
>section "Logging performance when logging is turned off")
>
>         That led me to the thought that a postprocessor acting on the
> bytecode would be interesting to write. (a preprocessor is definitely not
> java) Dada, Just4log was born: it is a anttask that transforms the
> bytecode to remove the hidden cost of parameter construction.
>
>         Just4log uses Jakarta BCEL to operate on the bytecode.
>
>         Do not hesitate to mail me any question regarding this project.
>         Cheers,
>         Lucas
>
>PS: Is it possible to reference Just4log on the Log4j website ?
>
>Just4log
>http://just4log.sf.net/

- -- --- -----=[ serge.huber at jahia dot com ]=---- --- -- -
Jahia : A collaborative source CMS and Portal Server
www.jahia.org Community and product web site
www.jahia.com Commercial services company