logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mavenize log4j
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 13:07:31 GMT
Paul Smith wrote:

> I think it's an excellent idea, perhaps we could develop a Maven build on
> the side for those who wish to use it, and if everyone's happy we could
> perhaps vote to switch to it for good.
> Maven's reports are excellent additional information for the log4j web site
> too.

This is the approach that Avalon did.  It works well.  What we did was to
create a profile in GUMP and a minimal build.xml file so that GUMP would
continue to work.

Take a look at the avalon-logkit for an example of how things were done
in place.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin