logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Lucas Bruand <lbru...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: Announcement: Just4log, a performance-oriented postprocessor for Log4j
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:46:14 GMT
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:45:54 -0700
bill-log4j@carpenter.ORG (WJCarpenter) wrote:

> mw> Also, something else that has been bandied about as a neat feature
> mw> is the ability to instrument the code with debug statements to
> mw> mark when a method is entered/exited.  For a future version, you
> mw> might want to look into adding this as well.
>
> A tool that is more appropriately shaped for that particular job is
> probably AspectJ <http://www.aspectj.org>.
   Hi,

I like very much AspectJ... It is great new way of developping. But then
not every project can do aspect oriented-developpment. Some because they
have legacy code to maintain, other because they have a boss who has decided aspect-oriented
developpment is too new to be used right now.
( This kind of decision can be quite political.)

Now I think I can easily implement this feature in a simple-to-use Ant task, so I'll probably
do so soon, before every one has migrated to AspectJ.

   Cheers,
   Lucas