logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Lucas Bruand <lbru...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Announcement: Just4log, a performance-oriented postprocessor for Log4j
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:50:31 GMT

	Hello,

	I wanted to advertise Just4log (http://just4log.sf.net/), a apache-licensed project that's
highly related to Log4j:

   In the Log4j manual, Ceki Gülcü speaks about the "The method invocation involves the
"hidden" cost of parameter construction."
( refer to http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html
section "Logging performance when logging is turned off")

	That led me to the thought that a postprocessor acting on the bytecode would be interesting
to write. (a preprocessor is definitely not java) Dada, Just4log was born: it is a anttask
that transforms the bytecode to remove the hidden cost of parameter construction.

	Just4log uses Jakarta BCEL to operate on the bytecode.

	Do not hesitate to mail me any question regarding this project.
	Cheers,
	Lucas

PS: Is it possible to reference Just4log on the Log4j website ?

Just4log
http://just4log.sf.net/