logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <Paul.Sm...@lawlex.com.au>
Subject RE: Latest Receiver/Plugin commits to sandbox
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:07:25 GMT
> Please help me understand something. I thought that the
> Pausible interface
> was needed to pause/resume plugins. It is not clear to me what
> pausing/resuming means in case of an appender or a logger.

You're 100% right, it was me going off on a Generalization Tangent (out now
from Mattel).  Having said that there is probably some use in some cases of
being able to toggle between the current Threshold for a given
Thresholdable, and Threshold.OFF.

I'd vote for leaving this in Plugin, or even Receiver land, until we can
analyze the intent and general usage of the pattern before forcing it upon
classes that have been stable for a long time.

> What am I
> missing?

Not much! ;)  Thanks.

Paul