logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <Paul.Sm...@lawlex.com.au>
Subject RE: Out of commission
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 05:14:57 GMT
Bummer about the virus.

Eclipse is excellent, highly recommend it.  I dumped JBuilder 7.0 Enterprise
edition for it at work (wasn't using all the fancy J2EE stuff just yet).
It's got _all_ the things you really need, plus some stuff you didn't even
think you needed, but can't go back once you've used them.  Definately
recommend reading the Welcome page for the Java developement Tools (Help
menu -> "Welcome" -> Eclipse Java Development Tools), and then following the
Tips and Tricks.

Am I an Eclipse zealot now? Probably.  But I'm happy.

cheers,

Paul Smtih

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Womack [mailto:mwomack@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, 2 June 2003 3:13 PM
To: Log4J Developers List
Subject: Out of commission

My home computer was infected by a virus early last week, effectively taking
me out of commission at home.  I had Norton Antivirus up and running, but it
neglected to tell me that I needed to update my subscription to their virus
db, so one slipped by and got me.

I have my computer back up and running, with a nice upgrade to Windows XP in
the process, but my development environment is still messed up.  I should be
back up and running again in a few days.  I'm going to try setting up
Eclipse while I am at it.  Does anyone have an opinion about it?

fyi,
-Mark