logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Out of commission
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 17:17:58 GMT

After being a mediocre Emacs user for many years, I recently switched to
become a mediocre Eclipse user, mainly because of the continuos compilation
feature. I still occasionally miss Emacs but less so every day.

Regardless of our common preferences, the log4j project needs to be IDE
agnostic. The jar files, javadoc and the rest must be buildable by Ant.

As a side note, Erich Gamma the author, of "Design Patterns" gave a talk on
Eclipse at the IBM Zurich Research Lab long before Eclipse became publicly
known. I think very few people in the audience were interested in Eclipse
nor expected it to become so successful. I was disappointed by the talk. I
would have preferred E. Gamma to talk about Design Patterns, not some flaky
IDE. With hindsight, I can say that it is hard to recognize success even
when it stares you right in the face.

ps: Virus developers and spammers deserve to go to jail.

       ISBN: 2970036908  http://www.qos.ch/shop/products/clm_t.jsp