logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas NGUYEN <thomas.ngu...@openwide.fr>
Subject RE: Colored console output
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 07:55:18 GMT
The colors are implemented through ANSI escape sequences, I guess your
console does not support them.

I tested it in KDE's Konsole on a RedHat system. It should work in any
xterm. What platform are you using?

Le jeu 15/05/2003 à 09:13, Ramadoss Chinnakuzhandai a écrit :
> Hi Thomas,
>                  I tested enhanced priority(?) P following is the output...
>
> 2003-05-15 12:30:28,053 [main] DEBUG com.onstar.vehcomm.logging.TestLogger ←[36mDEBUG←[0m
ModemLog1- debug message
> 2003-05-15 12:30:28,063 [main] DEBUG com.onstar.vehcomm.logging.TestLogger ←[36mDEBUG←[0m
ModemLog2- debug message
> 2003-05-15 12:30:28,073 [main] DEBUG com.onstar.vehcomm.logging.TestLogger ←[36mDEBUG←[0m
ModemLog3- debug message

> What  ←[36mDEBUG←[0m represents...and what is the significance of using is..?? And
also just wondering about colored console as I have not seen anything colored in the console...???

the priority name appears colored in the console.

> I added a new conversion character named 'P' ('p' prints the priority, so 'P' printing
an enhanced priority seemed to make sense)

> I made this because console logs are rather hard to read. I fill that some color is welcome.
>
> I haven't tested it extensively, but it looks like it works well.
>
> Any feedback welcome.
>
> -- Thomas NGUYEN
>

> PS: If you don't find it usefull, at least have been having some fun playing with log4j.
;^)