logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From hermod.opstv...@dnb.no
Subject ContextClassLoaderSelector
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:56:24 GMT
Hi

I have a question regarding the ContextClassLoaderSelector.

When you call the doIdempotentInitialization() method it dows a call :
LogManager.setRepositorySelector(singleton, guard)

In the LogManager there is a static initalizer that initializes log4j
from any log4j configuration file that is in the classpath.

It looks to me as if it finds the log4j configuration file that is also
used in a subsequent call to
PropertyConfigurator.configureAndWatch(log4j configfile, delay),
somehing goes wrong

Below is listed the code in question from the
ContextClassLoaderSelectorInitalizer

	ContextClassLoaderSelector.doIdempotentInitialization();

	PropertyConfigurator.configureAndWatch(cPath +
System.getProperty("file.separator") + "log4j.properties",
refreshInterval);

Hermod

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that DnB cannot
accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the virus programs used
in the DnB Group.