logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Applying Jalopy?
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:51:12 GMT

Howdy,
If there is some help needed with configuration of either jalopy or checkstyle, I'll be glad
to help.  Sorry for contributing the original tasks to the log4j build.xml and then disappearing
;)  An unexpected moved up deadline at work.

To someone else's point: I've found that running checkstyle on an unformatted code base will
result in a ton of errors, probably too many for the report to be meaningful.  However, more
than 80% of these errors tend to be trivial for an automated formatter to fix, e.g. line too
long or keyword order incorrect (final static instead of static final etc.).  So running a
formatter on the entire codebase, just once, before running checkstyle, will remove around
80% of the errors.  Alternatively, checkstyle can be configured to not check these things.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics