logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Womack <mwom...@bevocal.com>
Subject RE: moving filters to log4j-sandbox
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 19:01:25 GMT
I moved them with the thinking that they were "unproven".  While filters and
filter chains are well established in log4j, the base GenericMatchFilter
design that was worked out might need to be "shaken" out a bit.  That was
the only thinking.  We can move them back now or "graduate" them back into
the core at a later time.

I would really like to see the sandbox stuff released prior to v1.3.  This
will give the classes earlier exposure, and hopefully get some useful
feedback.

-Mark