logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "David Janovy" <david_jan...@phogenix.com>
Subject RE: What to do about commons-logging (if anything)
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 00:27:22 GMT
So now you just create a new appender that calls their proprietary logging system.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Womack [mailto:mwomack@bevocal.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 4:22 PM
To: 'Log4J Developers List'
Subject: RE: What to do about commons-logging (if anything)

That is not a bad solution either, and we should consider it.  I wonder how
big log4j is once you strip out all of the non-essentials.  I know there is
the log4jMini project...

But then Company Z comes along and says "We already have an existing,
proprietary logging system in our embedded system.  Can you rewrite your
library to tie into it instead of using log4j?"

-Mark