logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject RE: Indentation!!!
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 04:13:38 GMT

One thing that isn't being enforced is the order of keyword modifiers.  The
following change would enable that.

change
             <modifier>
                 <order>public|protected|private|abstract|static|final|synchronized|transient|volatile|native|strictfp</order>
             </modifier>
             <modifier>
                 <enable>true</enable>
                 <order>public|protected|private|abstract|static|final|synchronized|transient|volatile|native|strictfp</order>
             </modifier>

Otherwise, when you run Jalopy and your keywords are out of the order
specified above, they won't get corrected and checkstyle will still report
errors.

As a side note, I can't figure out how to make work with Jalopy is changing
single line comment lines to be 79 characters long or less.  They remain
unmodified where multi-line comments get corrected.  Anyone know a way to
do that?  If not, then single line comments will always require
hand-modification to bring them into compliance.  Jalopy alone won't do the
trick.

Oh, one other thing...

I order to run the "editJalopyPreferences" target, I had to move the
following code from inside the "runJalopy" target to a place outside that
target so both targets could see it:

   <path id="jalopy.path">
     <fileset dir="${jalopy.lib}">
       <include name="*.jar" />
     </fileset>
   </path>

I also made the jalopy targets which weren't depending on "init" to depend
on init to be consistent with the other targets.  I'm attaching a diff of
my preferred changes against the current build.xml.

Jake