logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: SV: Configuration GUI
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:00:30 GMT

Hi Hermod,

JAXB would be somewhat undesirable, IMHO, because the JAXB libraries would
be required at runtime in order for the generated classes to work.  If a
DTD is all that is required, then a much better solution is Zeus.
http://zeus.enhydra.org/index.html

The generated classes are totally standalone.  No special runtime libraries
are required.

If you require XSD then, unfortunately, Zeus will not fit-the-bill because
it, currently, does not support XML Schema.  Actually, I'd rather have it
support RelaxNG which is far more straightforward and elegant than XML
Schema is, but that is another topic.

Jake