logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Log4net & interoperability
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 08:46:36 GMT

Hi Nicko,

Once we have interoperability, I would feel more comfortable submitting a
proposal for the creation of a top-level logging project to the ASF board.

As for the goals:

1) Single encoding scheme using an extensible message format that is valid XML.

If it makes life any easier, you can assume the existence of an additional
string to string map in LoggingEvent similar to the MDC. This map will be
introduced in 1.3.

2) Support for multiple transport layers.

XMLRPC is a good start. I'd get that working first before generalizing.

3) Initial transport is XML-RPC (http://ws.apache.org/xmlrpc/)

+1

--
Ceki