logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: Configuration GUI
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:02:51 GMT
At 16:28 11.02.2003 -0700, Richard Bair wrote:
>I initially tried to use beanutils for the project, and to some extent
>it worked well.  I just found after 3 or 4 refactorings that the stuff
>that was bundled with Java was much better suited to what I was trying
>to do.  I can look at it again for this project.  I understand wanting
>to make this available for old versions of java.

The commons-beanutils package is great. I use it all the time.
Unfortunately, it depends on the commons-logging API which makes it
unsuitable for use within log4j.

Many parts of the java.beans package are JDK 1.4 specific other parts are
date back to JDK 1.1. What do you need to do exactly? By the way, log4j has
its own beans processing tools in o.a.log4j.config package. They are not as
complete as
commons-beanutils but they get the job done (at least for the moment).

--
Ceki