logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Nicko Cadell <ni...@Neoworks.com>
Subject Log4net & interoperability
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 00:53:17 GMT
We haven't been properly introduced.
I am the porter and maintainer of log4net (http://sf.net/projects/log4net).
I have been camping out on this list for about 18 months, basically to steal
all your good ideas ;)

Ceki is very keen for some closer cooperation between the various log4X
ports, and he suggested that I post something to this list. We have made
some architectural changes to log4net which may make for an interesting
discussion, but may be off topic for the log4j list.

We have some ideas for introducing interoperability between the log4X
platforms, which we are putting together into some form of proposal. When
it's ready we will post it to this list. The current highlights are:

Single encoding scheme using an extensible message format that is valid XML.
Support for multiple transport layers.
Initial transport is XML-RPC (http://ws.apache.org/xmlrpc/)

Thanks,
Nicko