logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Lutz Michael <michael.h.l...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: JDBCAppender proposal
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:27:35 GMT

Mark,

Does this mean that when someone downloads Log4j 1.2.8, the JDBC Appender
wouldn't be included?

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: mwomack@apache.org [mailto:mwomack@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 1:12 AM
To: Log4J Developers List
Subject: JDBCAppender proposal

I propose that we place the current version of
o.a.log4j.jdbc.JDBCAppender.java into the log4j-sandbox (I don't know if we
should remove it altogether from the v1.3 release?).  In doing so,
interested log4j developers need to step forward to begin the task of
continuing its development.  I know Kevin Steppe had more ideas for evolving
this class, and others have spoken up as well.  Sounds like it needs the
ability to support different jdbc driver behaviors, clob's, etc.  It seems
that this appender is popular with the log4j user community, so I think it
is right for it to be given some needed attention and upgrades.

Interested developers, demonstrating interest, proposals, and ability can be
granted committer rights to the sandbox cvs.

Once JDBCAppender reaches a stable point of evolution, we can vote to
re-admit it to the core release.

+1

-Mark

Health Services Corporation and are intended only for the addressee(s).
otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to CSOffice@smed.com.  Thank you