logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - jakarta-avalon-logkit
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 15:10:58 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

>> This looks like a circular dependency?  (log4j and logkit)
>
> circular? Why circular?
>
> log4j doesn't depend on logkit.

I stand corrected.

>>  Could this
>> particular viewer be conditionally compiled based on the availability
>> of the LogBrokerMonitor class?
>
> yep. That was in place, but it seems broken again now. Need to fix.

Cool, but as you say, that's not the real problem...

> Nevertheless, looking at
> http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/jakarta-log4j.html
>
> log4j.jar:
>       [jar] Building jar:
> /home/rubys/jakarta/jakarta-log4j/log4j-20030205.jar
>
> log4j-chainsaw.jar:
>       [jar] Building jar:
> /home/rubys/jakarta/jakarta-log4j/log4j-chainsaw-20030205.jar
>
> log4j-lf5.jar:
>       [jar] Building jar:
> /home/rubys/jakarta/jakarta-log4j/log4j-lf5-20030205.jar
>
> it seems like the log4j gump definition needs to be modified to also
> build 3 jars so logkit only needs to depend on the lf5 jar.

OK, I've committed the change to log4j to declare all three jars
produced.  Unless logkit is changed, from a gump perspective it will
depend on all three.  If you would like to scope this down a bit, add an
"ids=" attribute on the depend and enumerate the ones you want.

> cheers,
>
> - Leo

Thanks!

- Sam Ruby