logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re[2]: log4j-sandbox options
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 19:04:41 GMT
Hello Mark,

Yep,

Hi Mark,

This is exactly why I spoke up about this.  Even if Ceki remembered
the resolution, I don't think the consensus was ever made that clear.

So, at a minimum, we need:

log4j-selector.jar
log4j.jar
log4j-sandbox.jar

I would go further and separate any stuff that uses the servlet API
into its own jar.  Servlet stuff should exist in the WebappClassLoader
and I imagine that there is some sandbox stuff besides the selectors
that we might want to put alongside the log4j.jar in a shared
class loader.  Since servlet stuff shouldn't be shared (and absolutely can't be
shared in the case of servlets/listeners using the
ContextClassLoaderSelector), they should be available in their own jar
to be added to WEB-INF/lib of each webapp independently of anything
else in the sandbox.

So, I propose the following jar:

log4j-servlet.jar
or