logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Luis Reis <Luis.R...@netcabo.pt>
Subject RE: Packaging Chainsaw & LF5 as executable jars
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 00:02:48 GMT
There's no need to have a ant task for that, you just need to add a
"Main-Class" attribute to the log4j-1.2.x.jar file's manifest indicating
either ChainSaw or LogFactor5 (though I think LogFactor5 may need some
more salt than that).

You can generate a "runnable" chainsaw.jar by using the included
manifest file on the current cvs tree with this command line:

    $ jar cvfm chainsaw.jar chainsaw.mf

This will create a jar file containing only the manifest. If it's placed
on the same directory as log4j-1.3alpha.jar it will be runnable with:

    $ java -jar chainsaw.jar

If you need any more info/work than this, please say so.

AFAIK, LogFactor5 is an Appender and packaging it on a jar file will
require further work.

---
Luis

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 07:45, mwomack@apache.org wrote:
    If someone wants to post an ant task that will do this, I will integrate
    into the core build script.

    -Mark