logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Changchun, Rick, Lin" <rick....@attbi.com>
Subject JMSAppender and FallbackErrorHandler
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 03:24:46 GMT
Hi,
I posted this message on log4j-user mailing list and didn't get any
reply. Hope someone here can help me out. My question is ...

My program uses JMSAppender to log messages to a JMS topic. Also, I have
configured a FallbackErrorHandler to handle the situation while the JMS
server is down. The secondary appender basically logs messages to a
local file instead. However, there is a problem. The first message,
which detects the JMS logging problem, is gone. It seems that the first
"brave" message sacrifies itself and notifies its logger to switch to
the secondary appender but it doesn't save itself.

I wonder if anyone had experienced the similar problem before and could
tell me how to resolve this issue.

Thank you very much,
Rick