logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From "Carey Boldenow" <c.bolde...@cyterasystems.com>
Subject accessing xml properties in war file
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 18:18:03 GMT
Hi,

I am attempting to deploy a web application in WebLogic
via a war file. Since I have no way of determing the
actual path that Weblogic will use for deploying my war
file, I need a way to access my xml file that holds my
log4j properties. I can use
servletContext.getResourceAsStream() to get an InputStream
object of the xml file. With that what is the best way to
load my properties. I see there is a
DomConfigurator.doConfigure(InputStream,
LoggerRepository). Will this work and if so, what do I
pass in for the LoggerRepository object (not familiar with
that). In addition, is there a way to get the capability
of the watchdog with this?

Thanks for your help!
Carey