logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From <mwom...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Log4J Log Viewer GUI (a la LogFactor5)
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:07:41 GMT
> Alternatively you can develop LogViewer from within the log4j
> project. You
> will be given commit access (assuming a positive ballot) and
> access to our
> CVS repository. We could ship LogViewer with the log4j
> distribution but in
> a separate jar. I think that LF5 and Chainsaw should be handled similarly
> especially as they do not seem to be actively maintained.

log4j-tools.jar that contains the clients/tools and removes them from the
log4j.jar?  Or even in a jar per tool (log4j-chainsaw.jar, log4j-lf5.jar)?
Want to put that to a vote for making this change in v1.3?

+1

Besides convienence, I always throught they should live in a separate jar.
A clean separation between base/required/server code and extended
tools/clients code.

-Mark