logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Womack <mwom...@bevocal.com>
Subject RE: Configuration Servlet Features
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:45:52 GMT
I forgot one other item...

2.5) A command to "reset/reload" the configuration.

On a related note, from some of my own work, I have found it useful to have
the code that does the configuration factored out into a common class that
both the init and configuration servlet use to "load" or "reset" the
configuration to a known starting state.  I think we should consider doing
something similar for the proposed servlet classes.  I would suggest a
o.a.log4j.servlet.CommonUtil class that has methods to set the
configuration, etc.  One of the methods could take a ServletContext, and
would use it to get the content init params, etc.

-Mark