logging-log4j-dev mailing list archives

From hermod.opstv...@dnb.no
Subject SV: Log4J Log Viewer GUI (a la LogFactor5)
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:31:25 GMT

+1 for a jar per tool.

Hermod

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: mwomack@apache.org [mailto:mwomack@apache.org]
Sendt: 12. desember 2002 09:08
Til: Log4J Developers List
Emne: RE: Log4J Log Viewer GUI (a la LogFactor5)

> Alternatively you can develop LogViewer from within the log4j
> project. You
> will be given commit access (assuming a positive ballot) and
> access to our
> CVS repository. We could ship LogViewer with the log4j
> distribution but in
> a separate jar. I think that LF5 and Chainsaw should be handled
similarly
> especially as they do not seem to be actively maintained.

log4j-tools.jar that contains the clients/tools and removes them from
the
log4j.jar?  Or even in a jar per tool (log4j-chainsaw.jar,
log4j-lf5.jar)?
Want to put that to a vote for making this change in v1.3?

+1

Besides convienence, I always throught they should live in a separate
jar.
A clean separation between base/required/server code and extended
tools/clients code.

-Mark

For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:log4j-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that DnB cannot
accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the virus programs used
in the DnB Group.